DATE : 26 OCTOBER 2008 SUNDAY , 1PM-4PM
VENUE : TOA PAYOH HUB , KIDDY PALACE ARENA LEVEL 3
TAMIYA MINI 4WD PRO TOUR
GRAND FINALE 2008
Ø Qualified drivers are invited for the Grand finale with no registration fee.
Ø All Modification should be done before registration.
Ø Registration will start at 12noon
· Register for attendance
· Inspection of 4WD Machine
· Impound of 4WD Machine
Ø All participants’ 4WD Machine should be Impounded by 1245pm.
Ø Race format will be in ‘christmas tree’ format.
Ø Basic Rules and Regulations applies ( same as Qualifying rounds).
RACE FORMAT ( Total 40 Finalists)
Ø A total of 6 rounds to finals
Ø 3 racers will compete together as a group at one time.
Ø Winner(s) will be decided on whoever reaches the finishing line first.
Ø A racer will immediately retire from a race if their machine leaves the track, flips over, jumps into another lane, or if their car’s body detaches during the race.
Ø Every Round there will be a reshuffling of groups.
Ø 1 pair of Tamiya Battery will be issued to all Mini 4WD racers , a fresh pair will be only be given to semi-finalists.
Ø No sharing of battery be allowed among racers.
Ø all 40 participants will be grouped into 14groups
· 2 participants from each group will advance to round 2
Ø Balance of 26 participants will be groups into 9 groups
· 2 participants from each group will advance to round 3
Ø Balance of 17 participants will be grouped into 6 groups
· 1 participant from each group will advance to round 4
Ø Balance of 6 participants will be grouped into 2 groups
· 2 participants from each group will be advance to round 5
Round 5 (Semi Final)
Ø Balance of 4 participants will be grouped into 2 groups
· 2 participants will qualify into the Final Rounds
3rd Position Challenge
Ø Challenge for the 3rd position
Ø Challenge for Rights to compete in Tamiya Mini 4WD World Championship 2008
TIME TABLE (TENTATIVE)
1100 ~ 1145am Track Open for Practice (At Racers' Own Risk)
1200 ~ 1245pm Registration
Impound of 4WD Machine
Draw lots for the Grouping list
1 pm ~ 1.20 pm Round 1
1.20 pm ~ 1.35 pm Reshuffling of Groups
1.35 pm ~ 1.55 pm Round 2
1.55 pm ~ 2.10 pm Reshuffling of Groups
2.10 pm ~ 2.30 pm Round 3
2.30 pm ~ 2.40 pm Reshuffling of Groups
2.40 pm ~ 2.50 pm Round 4
2.50 pm ~ 3 pm Reshuffling of Groups
3 pm ~ 3.10 pm Round 5 (Semi Final)
3.10 pm ~ 3.20 pm Reshuffling of Groups
3.20 pm ~ 3.25 pm 3rd Position Challenge
3.25 pm ~ 3.30 pm Final
Basic Rules and Regulations for Grand Finale 2008
A) Car Regulations
All participating cars must be 4-wheel drive. Cars modified to be rear wheel drive or front wheel drive are prohibited. All participating cars must have a body, either painted or with stickers applied, securely mounted on the chassis. Homemade bodies are prohibited. All cars must go through car inspection, and cars that fail to comply with the inspection warnings will not be allowed to race.
B) Car Measuring System All chassis will be subject to the
same measuring system as shown below.
Maximum Car Width: Under 105mm
Maximum Car Height: Under 70mm
Maximum Car Length: Under 165mm
Minimum Ground Clearance: At least 1mm
Minimum Car Weight (including batteries and motor): At least 120g
Front and Rear Tires: Diameter: 22-35mm, Width: 8-26mm
*Note that tires must be attached.
Rollers: Maximum of 8 installations total
(double rollers count as 1 installation, stabilizer poles do not count at all)
C) Motor RegulationsOnly the Torque-Tuned Motor PRO can be used.
Motor modifications are absolutely not allowed. If any traces of modification such as removal of motor end caps are found, the racer will not be allowed to participate in the race.
Use of motor tune-up sprays is prohibited.
Only Tamiya Cleaner Spray be allowed to be used.
D) Battery Regulations
Only hand-out battery allowed to be used.If battery are damaged in anyway during the competition , no exchange will be allowed.
E) A fresh pair will be given only to the semi-finalists.
F) Modification RegulationsPlease follow the guidelines below when modifying your car. Also note that for modifications not listed, race officials will have the final absolute authority to grant or deny their use.
1) Chassis modifications are limited to cutting holes out of the stock chassis.
Homemade chassis and homemade parts are prohibited.
2) Parts used for modification are limited to Tamiya Mini 4WD, R/C Mini 4WD, and Dangun Racer parts only. No Radio control parts are allowed to be used.
3) Part modifications are limited to cutting away plastic material or making holes in the stock part.
4) Gear modifications are limited to making holes or shaving away material to reduce weight and installing ball bearings. All running gears must be installed according to the set gear ratios.
5) Only kit-included battery terminals or Grade-Up Part battery terminals, installed according to the instruction manuals, may be used. Soldering or double-plated terminals are prohibited.
6) Modifications that cause physical harm to the track, cause injury to any person, or release grease and/or other substances onto the track are all prohibited.
7) Modifications to the tire’s shape are allowed if they comply with the Car Measuring System outlined above. However, changing the material properties of the tire surface (including, but not limited to, applying glue or other substances to the tire surface) are prohibited.